LW 991 - PhD in Law
- Category: PhD
- Hits: 6346
· LW991 PhD (Law)
This programme intends to train candidates to develop some conceptual and analytical capabilities in the field of law through a rigorous examination of an original study to be conducted under the supervision of a supervisor from the faculty. At the end of the programme, candidates are required to submit a thesis not exceeding 100,000 words and go through a viva voce successfully.
• Applicant must have a recognised Master degree in Law with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 3.00 or equivalent.
• Application must be accompanied by a written research proposal in the required format.
Candidates are required to undergo an interview with the Faculty’s Postgraduate Committee.
- PhD Program - Applicant must have a Master’s Degree in a relevant field of study from a university recognized by the University Senate and the Malaysian Government. [Certain programmes may have other requirements stipulated by the Faculty]
- English Language Proficiency - All international applicants from non-English speaking countries applying for postgraduate studies in UiTM are required to show proof of English language proficiency as follows:
- TOEFL certificate with a score of at least
- 550 for (paper based), or
- 213 (computer based), or
- 79-80 (IBT), or
-An IELTS certificate with at least Band 6.0
• Intellectual Property Law
• Information Technology Law
• Public International Law
• Maritime and Shipping Law
• Criminology and Criminal Justice
• Comparative Corporate Law
• Computer Crimes
• Public Law and Public Interest Law
• Commercial Law
• Islamic Criminal Law
• Administrative Law
• Constitutional Law
• Environmental Law
• Family Law
The above listed areas are only an indicative list of areas that could be offered. With UiTM’s vast resources in 24 growing faculties, interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary studies can easily be accommodated.
Tuition Fee per Semester
Social Science and Humanities
For more information about the programme, please feel free to visit, call or e-mail the Programme Coordinator.
Head of Post Graduate Studies
Faculty of Law, Universiti Teknologi Mara,
40450 Shah Alam,
Telephone: +603-5544 4181 / +603-5543 5953
Fax : 603-5521 1094 / 5544 4121